Thursday, August 7, 2014

Goal: Photography

So I went to school for Photography and received my BFA from the Maryland Institute College of Art in the Spring of 2013. I work in California as a photographer but I wouldn't qualify is as photography unless I'm doing a special event. In the past I have photographed a few high school seniors, head shots, engagements, and a wedding...I will be going home next April to photograph another and I'm super thrilled! Recently though I haven't even touched my camera, sorry about that. I shoot with a Nikon at work and a Canon for my personal business which I feel work two different ways, I mean they totally do. I prefer Canon of course, but Nikon is kind of winning my heart a little bit. I suppose that's just because I work with them the majority of the time.

Getting back to where I wanted to talk about...

I want to start up my little business again here in California, which may or may not be so easy. I feel like so many people are photographers these days that it's hard to make an actually living off of it unless you have a technique that no one has picked up on yet. I'm going to change that. I want to start small and work up to bigger things. The first step is getting my name out there. The second step is experimenting and practicing more with both my camera and getting friends to model for me.

Here are a few photos that I've taken over the past couple of years that I just can't get enough of. Also, I can definitely see a huge difference over the years that my style has changed and that I've learned to fully use my camera in the proper way.

High School Seniors









Engagements











Wedding





Photoshoot/Advertising








Headshots



Family










Sorry for the photo over load but I needed to share a little of all I did. All these sessions were some of my favorites and I can't wait to capture even more memories for high school seniors, families and couples getting ready to get married!

For more information about what each session costs, check out my Facebook page....here





No comments:

Post a Comment