Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Adventure: The Getty

The real adventure to this is not the actual Getty but the getting there part. I drove up to LA from Fullerton an hour and a half before I was supposed to go pick up my friend. Usually, I will run into some kind of traffic but I never would have imagined I would be stuck in traffic for more than 3 hours. I'm not kidding, I was in fact stuck in traffic for that long. There had been a terrible accident on the 5 right by the 101 that day. Yes I have started saying "the" in front of freeway numbers...sorry not sorry...but I promise to change that once I'm back in Maryland next week. Anyway, I finally got there super late and my friend and I headed to the Getty in the Malibu area.




So while I was stuck in traffic, I turned off a side street just so I wouldn't have to be stopped for more than 10 mins at a time and I found a bundle of old abandoned buildings that I of course found super interesting. 


The Getty is a beautiful place filled with thousands of artifacts and pieces of art that were collected by Mr Getty.  This is just one of the museums that he owned with his prized collection. 

The next day we went to the Getty in LA and met up with a friend that went to school with Nick & I's childhood friend from college. It's funny and wonderful how some friendships form, isn't it!? 




No comments:

Post a Comment