Thursday, November 19, 2015

Times are a Changin'

As in time zones, cities, and STATES! 

I am currently in the process of packing up my apartment in Southern California and I am heading back home to Maryland. I will be jobless, except for my little businesses on the side(tides. and Chesapeake Tides), and will be saving all the money I can by living back with my madre. 

When life throws you curves and balls that you miss, it's sometimes best to start anew and head back to the place where you feel most comfortable. Home. Maryland is a special place to me and it always will be the place where I feel most like myself. I have yet to find a place where I'm the happiest. 

I guess the thing that makes me the happiest about the great state of Maryland is a number of things but mostly family. All my family either lives in Maryland or somewhere else on the East Coast. It was really hard being away from any kind of family for two years, even though I would go back a couple times a year or they would come to visit me. It definitely wasn't the same. I wouldn't always see them and I never saw them all at the same time. It was really really hard. 
Another thing that I missed the most was my friends. Sure I have the best of friends and life time friends in California but there is definitely something about that childhood friend that will always hold a special place in your heart and mind. I went back for a wedding in October and I knew exactly then that I needed to move back home to be around what I had been missing for so long. 

It's going to be a change but I'm ready for the adventure. 


"When adventure has lost it's meaning, I'll be homeward bound in time."



So long California, until we meet again....









Ps: I will be posting a lot more once I'm home;)

No comments:

Post a Comment