Monday, September 22, 2014

Week in Review

So this past week was my birthday(9/15)and since it was on a monday I didn't really do much but relax relax relax and then had sushi when a couple wonderful friends!! Since I didn't really do much on monday, I traveled to LA/Burbank to visit friends and have pretty much the greatest weekend I've had in the longest time.


Before I could even think about the weekend, I worked a special event!! It was for cast members that have worked with the company for 10years+. It was a wonderful event and I can't wait to someday hit that 10 year+ mark in my Disney career! I'm not sure if I'll be in the same department in 10years but my goal is to definitely stay with the Walt Disney Company for the rest of my life. But seriously, isn't Mickey the cutest thing ever in his tux and gold bow tie?!

On Friday I traveled up to LA and we just kind of hung out and watched a movie and went to possibly the best Mexican restaurant I've been to yet...Poquito Mas, so yum!


Saturday morning we got up early and traveled to Malibu to go on a hiking adventure. It was wonderful. It has been on my bucket list for some time now so I was happy to cross it off and have the time of my life! 



Clearly I was ready for this adventure with my hip bag. & don't even begin to judge me for it because it definitely came in handy. It fit all the essentials and I didn't have to worry about carrying a purse or wonder where I was going to put my belongings. Thank you Sports Authority




Climbing trees & hiking mountains is definitely something we're going to continue doing because damn was it so much fun! & it's a good way to exercise without having to step foot in a gym.


Saturday evening we went to the Hollywood Bowl to see The Sound of Music sing a long! Sound of Music is definitely one of my all time favorite movies so being able to watch it in such a beautiful and ionic place made it that much more special. During Edelweiss everyone took out their phones, put on their flash lights and it was really very beautiful! 


Sunday(which I sadly have absolutely no photos from) we went to Griffith Park and had a cook out! The day was amazing; from the weather, to the location, to the friends that we shared it with. It was the end of the summer party...without the burning of the blazer....and I can't wait to hopefully host a "Welcome to Fall" party very soon. We played wiffle ball & some kind of new frisbee game where you have to hit a can with it. I'm not really sure what it is but apparently it's an East Coast thing that it new. 
Where we were having the picnic, there was an old abandoned zoo. Totally creepy. Very smelly. & well, haunted. I usually really really hate all things scary and creepy but this didn't seem to bother me all that much. Very surprising. 

The weekend was seriously perfect and I didn't want to go back to Orange County to work tomorrow but I guess as the saying goes "work hard. play harder" I have to follow it and there is always next weekend, which we'll be going to see BeetleJuice! 

What's your favorite hiking place? Have you ever seen a movie/show at the Hollywood Bowl?










No comments:

Post a Comment